Job Title: Field Monitor/Supervisor for West Valley Recreational Soccer League
Reports To: Paul Clifton, WVSL Program Director WVSoccer@gmail.com
Job Overview: Provide leadership and direction to ensure games and schedules are run professionally, safely and on time with appropriate resources assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Study and thoroughly understand referee rules and game day protocol. (Notebook provided)
• Arrive 30 minutes prior to game kickoff to assess that all goals are available and out for the coaches to build.
• Review referee assignments for the day in advance of game time start.
• Begin preparation to re-assign ref coverage, fill referee open slots proactively throughout the day as needed.
• Oversee start and end time for the day and for individual games. Monitor regularly throughout the day to ensure games are on schedule.
• Before each game, check the player and coach cards for each team.
• Reconcile the referee data at the end of the shift and turn it in to Paul Clifton electronically no later than Sunday night in the fall and Monday night in the Spring. Any field issues regarding no shows, referee misconduct, parent misconduct must be reported to Paul at this time.
Qualifications: Individual must be an adult aged 18 or older with reliable transportation to arrive on time for every event and must work every scheduled weekend.
Strong ability to remain calm and professional under stressful conditions and think on their feet to resolve issues satisfactorily.
Thorough understanding of soccer rules (or modified WVSL rules).
Ability to referee a game if called upon due to significant shortages.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Terms of Service:
Saturday, September 7, 14, 21, 28
Saturday, October 5, 12, 21, 26
Saturday, November 2, 9, 16
Each shift runs from 8:30 am – 3:30 or 4:00 pm
Pay: $20 per hour to be paid every third week of the season.
Back to WVSL Home page (Click Here)